The State has developed a website that compiles all of the information and resources offered through state government regarding COVID-19 in one location.
Below are resources for colleges and universities:
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Resources for Institutes of Higher Education
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services - vaccine information
- U.S. Department of Education
Guidance for Interruptions of Study related to Coronavirus (COVID-19) — Compliance with Title IV, Higher Eduation Act (HEA) Policies
COVID-19 ("Coronavirus") Information and Resources for Schools and School Personnel - Including Higher Education Leaders
Webinar on Ensuring Web Accessibility for Students with Disabilities and Fact Sheet for Protecting Students' Civil Rights
FAQs (March 20)
- Husch Blackwell (WAICU Legal Services Program partner):
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Toolkit
Workplace Issues and COVID-19
Key Employee Benefits and Compensation Issues to Consider
New Year, New College and University HEERF COVID Relief
COVID-19 Vaccine Policy Tool
FAQs Regarding Paid Leave Under the American Rescue Plan Act
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) guidance for employers
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) COVID-19 Emergency Temporary Standard
Long COVID as a Disability under Federal Anti-Discrimination Laws
Husch Blackwell provides more COVID-19 resources on its WAICU portal.
WAICU members may sign up to be granted access if they do not already have it.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response
- Educause Examples of Campus Responses to COVID-19
- Wisconsin Department of Children and Families Considerations For Campuses Serving Former Foster Youth in Light of COVID-19
- IPEDS Deadlines Extended
- Emergency Order #16 was signed on March 27 and includes measures for reciprocity of healthcare providers across state lines and clinical education for nursing programs. The Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services has issued a Frequently Asked Questions document for clarification on Emergency Order #16. Also, the Wisconsin Department of Health Services issued guidance on telehealth reimbursement changes and status during the COVID-19 public health emergency.
- College and University Professional Association for Human Resources (CUPA-HR) COVID-19 Resources
OpenSmartEDU, a partnership of the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security, the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), and Tuscany Strategy Consulting Reopening Planning and Self-Assessment reference guides
- Step-by-Step Guide on how to register on the grants.gov website from McAllister and Quinn, via NAICU
- American Council on Education (ACE) Statement of Principles on Acceptance of Credit
- MRA (WAICU Leadership Development Series partner) COVID-19 Daily Updated Resources
MRA is pleased to make this information available to non-MRA members at this time, so the entire community can work together.
- Infographic: WAICU COVID-19 Losses
- SafeColleges has COVID-19 courses that can help students, faculty, and staff better understand the virus, as well as take steps to reduce exposure at home, your institution, and through daily preventative actions.
Close the Distance: Executive Leadership Conversations in Higher Education recorded webinar from August 13, 2020 By Aurora WDC featuring Dr. Cecil Youngblood, Dean of Students and Chief Diversity Officer of Beloit College.
Marsh & McClennan (WAICU Collaborative Program Partner):
5 Measures for Returning to Campus During a Pandemic
Waivers in the COVID-19 Era - A Continuing Discussion from Wright Specialty Insurance
Additional funding opportunity for pandemic relief under the CARES Act
Due to the disruptions to higher education caused by the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) the Wisconsin Distance Learning Authorization Board (DLAB) is honoring the U.S. Department of Education’s guidance stating that it is “providing broad approval to institutions to use online technologies to accommodate students on a temporary basis.” Please see the Department’s guidance in its entirety for more information.
Therefore, institutions not approved for participation in the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement will have the ability to accommodate students using online technologies on a temporary basis with no repercussions from the DLAB. This special accommodation will remain in place until May 31, 2020 and will be reconsidered at that time to determine if an extension to that timeframe is necessary.
SBA Disaster Assistance Loans
The Small Business Administration has announced disaster assistance loans to small businesses impacted by COVID-19. These loans are also available to nonprofits including colleges and universities with annual revenues under $30 million. According to the announcement, "these loans may be used to pay fixed debts, payroll, accounts payable and other bills that can’t be paid because of the disaster’s impact.....The interest rate for nonprofits is 2.75%." For additional information, please contact the SBA disaster assistance customer service center. Call 1-800-659-2955 (TTY: 1-800-877-8339) or email email@example.com.
See the online tool to determine whether your institution qualifies as a small business. Use NAICS code 611310 when prompted.
Updates from Partners
Additional information and guidance is available from key WAICU partners:
- the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI) and Suspension of Administrative Rules pertaining to hours of instruction, student teacher assessments, and general flexibility;
- the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development (DWD);
- the University of Wisconsin (UW) System; and
- the Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS).
COVID-19 College Updates
- Live updates from WAICU members via Twitter
- Alverno College
- Bellin College
- Beloit College
- Cardinal Stritch University
- Carroll University
- Carthage College
- Concordia University-Wisconsin
- Edgewood College
- Herzing University
- Lakeland University
- Lawrence University
- Marian University
- Marquette University
- Medical College of Wisconsin
- Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design
- Milwaukee School of Engineering
- Mount Mary University
- Nashotah House
- Northland College
- Ripon College
- Saint Norbert College
- Viterbo University
- Wisconsin Lutheran College
Last updated August 4, 2021