The Waicu Mission
Wisconsin's private, nonprofit colleges and universities working together for educational opportunity.
How We Advance
- We advance the interests and promote the development of independent colleges and universities in Wisconsin.
- We articulate the values and purposes of independent higher education and educate the public about these values and purposes.
- We advocate equitable public policy affecting higher education in Wisconsin and nationally, and cost-effective allocation of public funds to assure freedom of choice for students in selecting an institution of higher education.
- We administer joint ventures, resource sharing, the exchange of information and scholarship, and mutual consultation and cooperation among the twenty-four independent colleges and universities in Wisconsin.
- We assist members in promoting access, affordability, and accountability.
- We advance private philanthropy in support of the mission, its members, and their more than 56,000 students.